Saturday, January 19, 2008

Potty training

Success Bryson has finally gotten it. He told me Tuesday that if I got him big boy underwear that he would go potty and so I bought him the expensive Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater Underwear and he had a little trouble at first and then on Wednesday he was in them all day with only one accident and I was so proud. Then on Thursday we had school so I thought I better just send him in a pull up for my moms sake since she does have 6 other kids in the class but when he got home we got back in underwear and he had success all night. So Friday we went to the Mall and I thought OK am I just brave or stupid to go to the mall with him in underwear? So off we went and he did great until we were in Carters and he got to playing but you know thats just how it is when they are new to this. Today Saturday he has done great he has actually gone all by himself without my help so im thrilled. So now I will not have 2 in diapers yeah. Sorry no pictures of him on the toilet. I know your glad.

4 comments:

Bronie said...

oh i wish i only had one in diapers. when i tell wyatt he should be using the potty, he says ohhhhhkaaaaayyyy, like i am just bugging the living daylights out of him, and then keeps on going potty in his diaper. he will go for other people (i.e. church nursery, babysitters). i think i may just send him away for a couple of weeks and see what happens. any takers?

The growing Adkinson family said...

Yeah I thought it would still be a little while for bryson but the key I think was getting him in that special underwear bc he will still go in a pull up but not in his underwear. Today he has actually just gone and done it on his own and tells me hey mom i peepee and then just a little while ago he said I went poop. Im very excited I didnt expect it this quick.

kirsten said...

wow. i miss the blog for a week and you post like a mad woman! (or pregnant woman....same thing). dress up, underwear and laundry. are we all living in the same house and just don't realize it. counting down to see little miss #3.

The growing Adkinson family said...

Kirsten you are too funny. You know im blogging bc I know I wont be able to for a while I might be a little busy trying to adjust to 3 instead of 2. Yes I think we all live in the same house huh seems that way.