Thursday, March 6, 2008

Whew what a week

OK so were you wondering where I was? Last week Bella was super fussy and I took her to the doctor and she said she has reflux. It is very hurtful for her and all we can do with her is walk her around. The doctor said lets treat it with Maalox because when we weighed her she was 9.14 which she went from 7.10 to that in only 3 weeks. So we have been on Maalox for a week now and only saw some relief. We only saw significant relief when I stop eating spices, gas causing veggies, and all milk products so all I have been eating is very bland food and not having milk is very hard for me I love milk. David's sister and her hubby were in from out of town to see Bella and Grandma A cooked us dinner tuesday night and in that was onion which is a big no no but I was not going to turn down Grandma A's yummy cooking but boy did I pay the price last night of having a fussy baby. Now dont forget I cant have flour either so it has limited me so much to what I can eat but the only plus is that I loose a pound a day which is great beings I need to be a certain weight to get insurance. I prayed and asked God to help me loose this weight I know I have my part to do but I just asked Him to help me along and so know I got my answer. But anyways just pray for Bella and that her little tummy will adjust I want to continue to breast feed so I will just have to adjust to this way of eating until her system can tolerate all this stuff. Hopefully by the time she is 3-4 months old. She is still precious and getting a little chubby face that I love to kiss on. I dont have a current pic just yet but will soon. I dont have one of her screaming her head off either. Pray for me as well it is very hard when you have a baby who screams for 4 hours at a time we play tag on who will walk her around during those times. Im thankful that I have my mom because David has been so busy on Bailee's new room.

4 comments:

Bronie said...

aw, that tummy stuff is so hard. my poor kids just adjusted i guess, because i just really ate what i wanted. (or maybe all the crazy stuff i ate while i was pregnant prepared them) one of the girls whose blog i read is completely off dairy and caffeine, and it seems like something else that i can't remember right now.
we'll just pray that bella calms down soon and you guys can get some rest. good luck with the weight thing...you can do it. just look at these troubles as a jump start. :)

The growing Adkinson family said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I never had problems with the other 2 where I had to not eat certain things but oh well she is worth it. If it means she is not fussy it is well worth it. :)

Misty Burns said...

hey, i am sorry about bella's tummy. isabella gets a little fussy on her formula but nothing bad. we LOVE the gas drops. it seems to help some. just be thankful she does not have elijah's reflux problems. dont know if you remember, but the poor dear had 3 ounces in, and 4 ounces came back up!!! it is amazing he gained any weight at all. but by 6 months he was 20 pounds! good for you to stick it out and still provide her the best food available. oh, btw...breastfeeding is great for weight loss. keep up the good work. i will be praying for you. isabella is 10.6 pounds.she is a little piglet. hehe.

kirsten said...

i have to laugh...remember when your mom walked caleb around rio bravo so i could eat. i think it's time i pay back. i'll come see you and hold bella for as long as you want. i will pray for you daily.