Thursday, July 31, 2008

A picking we will go.....




No I do not mean our nose. :) Sorry had to say it.


Thursday was a great day to go blueberrie picking, and thats just what we did. Bailee, Bryson, Carter, Paul, and Elijah all friends from school ventured down to Franklin to the Golden Bell Blueberry Farm.


We had great weather it was overcast, but still very humid. The kids had a great time. It was my first time picking berried myself and really enjoyed it. I didnt want to stop it was so fun.


Bailee every time i looked at her was picking one for her bucket and the other went straight to her mouth I thought they were going to have to weight her before we left. :)


Next week the crop is suppose to be even better, any takers on going? It's 2.50 a pound which is a great price. They are delicious too I cant keep Bailee out of them.


Oh by the way Bella is crawling non stop its the cute army crawl. I think I may have my hands full with her. She is all over the place.


I forgot to take the camera with us so I got these pics when we got home. Sorry they are a little blurry.

4 comments:

Misty Burns said...

that is aewsomw about bella crawling. isabella hates to be on her stomach. she may never crawl. hahaha. blueberries r good. that sounds like fun.isabella is just now getting to like her new walker. i put some video of her on the blog.

Bronie said...

yay! i love me some blueberries! $2.50/lb is awesome! a little pint is way more than that!

Denise said...

Two years ago we went to Golden Bell and picked 8 lbs of blue berries and Mallory and I ate all of them!!! We totally love blueberrries!!!! We haven't gone with Christopher yet because he would be gone in 10 seconds and I think I would just be chasing him and not picking any berries! Maybe next year or when he can stay home with daddy. So right now Sam's is our best bet!

RichFam said...

Aw, how fun for them! That is an experience they will remember, too.

Back in Maryland, they used to have tons of fields like that where you could go and pick strawberries! Yum!

Enjoy the "fruits" of your labor! Ha ha :o)