Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Lord gives and takes away!

This post is a painful post to write but it is also a healing process. An unexpected pregnancy brought about some worries but then joy. I had some complications early on but after being placed on medication to help a hormone level I thought things would go as planned.
Last Tuesday October 5th I went to the doctor because of some problems and an ultrasound showed that their was nothing in my uterus. Very sad moment. The doctor told me I had a 50/50 chance that I was still pregnant. Blood work confirmed that the pregnancy was over.
I know that the Lord works all things for the good but it is still a very painful process to loose something that you already love.
It has been a ruff week and I am still dealing with all the emotional issues that go along with the miscarriage. It was also very hard because I had already told the kids that I was going to have another baby and they were all very excited and Bailee even cried when I told her what had happened. That in itself was just as hard to see your 6 and a half year old crying and understanding what had happened.
My son on the other hand asked what I now had in my tummy? A little laughter in the midst of pain is always helpful. But it has almost been a week, today has been an emotional day but I know with each passing day it will get better!

1 comment:

gorgeous425.ss said...

I had no idea you were going through this. The lord does work mysteriously sometimes. The child you will never know still knows that you love it dearly. Don't give up. The time isn't right. When it is meant to be, you will know it as well as your body. Grief comes in five stages: when the anger hits, just know that you have support from everywhere you can take it. I love you, let me know if I can help.

Shelly Ray-Slater