Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Caterpillars and Butterflies....

So today I was thinking I was going to stay home because we have been so busy! But I thought I need to have something fun for the kid's to do otherwise they will be climbing the wall or not getting along. So I was looking online for crafts and cooking crafts to do with my kids at school and found the very tasty caterpillar.

Now please know that my caterpillar's looked like snakes instead, but that's OK the kids still loved it. I made 3 total one for my kids at school tomorrow and then that left 2 for us. They were very small circles but I didn't want them to be very big. We are going to be talking about the life stage of a butterfly tomorrow at school so I though how appropriate to make this caterpillar pizza to have at lunch and then butterfly cookies for dessert. I always like trying things out at home before I do them at school, the kids always love the chance to get in the kitchen and help me cook. They had a blast helping and playing with the flour and left over pizza dough. My flour was a mess after they dumped flour in the floor but that's OK it was cleanable. If that is even a word. :)

So after nap they got to decorate the cookies, I decorated the ones going to school tomorrow and you will see why after the pictures of bailee and bryson's decorated cookie's. :) All in all it was a fun day, now I'm not so sure I got any rest like I was hoping for but oh well there is always tonight! I'm going to be a heathen and not go to church, get early baths, dinner, and kiddo's off to bed earlier! Whew I'm tired just thinking about all I have to do tonight! I would not have it any other way though!

1 comment:

Misty Burns said...

loved the cookies and pizza yummy!