Monday, December 1, 2008

What a great time

Well we have been so busy just like everyone else. Our Thanksgiving Day was a great day we headed up to David's grandparents that morning for breakfast and had a great time with them. After that we headed back down to go to my mom's house where all of my family was. I felt a great need for people who dont have family to be with on Thanksgiving and took a meal to one of our shut ins its one of those things that you think you will be ministering to them but then you end up getting more out of it than them. This lady has a care taker and that is who we ended up going to see because the shut in is a very fragile lady and was asleep when we went, but we got to spend an hour with the caretaker and it was a true blessing to get to talk with this lady she was a very Godly woman and I really learned a lot from her. So after that I went back to my moms to join my family, had lots and lots of good food and dessert. It was a great day all around, busy but great. The good thing is I didnt gain too much weight either. Please pray for me because I only have about a month and a half to get the last 16 pounds off to make my insurance deadline which means I need to loose about 4 pounds a week which is pretty hard to do, but im gonna try. Im so thankful for all of my family, and friends and all that God has blessed me with.

2 comments:

Misty Burns said...

wait, why do you have to make an insurance deadline? I am confused! Will it just lower your rates? Will you not get coverage or something? That is crazy! I will definately pray for you! losing weight is always a great thing to do! The good Lord knows...after having 3 kids..it is hard to do! I have been trying hard too. It is getting better, but not where i was pre-Isabella. but i will keep trying.

RichFam said...

We totally understand about the insurance companies and weight issues!

In Maryland, the kids and I were covered, but Jay weighed "too much" according to their standards. So, we could either do without insurance for Jay, or pay a TON of money per month to insure him. We chose the latter (unfortunately).

The coverage really STUNK... and we ended up paying $800 per month for the family!!!!!!

Insurance companies are such a rip!

Good luck losing... especially right in the middle of the holiday season. Yikes! I will pray for you!