Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's Official

Well the time has come. I posted a while back that we( our church) was looking at merging with another church due to the neighborhood changing and our church spiralling down. A lot like Riverside in a black community and having a hard time surviving as a church. About a month ago the church voted to have the church put on the market we were not sure at the time where the Lord was going to lead us but felt we were following His will.

Now when I say a match made in Heaven I'm not being silly. This opportunity that we have is wonderful and from the Lord. We are merging with Alta Loma Baptist Church in Rivergate. They have no staff members except a secretary, the have a few younger couples more than we have beings that David and I are the one and only young couple at Hillhurst.

The kids will have a Sunday school class and mission friends which they are extremely excited about. Its just an all around great thing.

Today we had our last service at Hillhurst a BIG homecoming service and I mean big 300+ it was great to see the place packed out and people in the balcony. It was very emotional for a lot of people and brought back a lot of feelings we all had leaving Riverside. Bro Dick of course had the service since he pastored that church for 27 years and we had lunch and a time of sharing what Hillhurst meant to so many. It was a great time. So now on with the new chapter which we are very excited about. I think we will loose some people but you cant please everyone.

I wasn't so sure I was ready for another merger because they are so much work and we are or David I should say is so heavily involved in this merger, more so than at Riverside. But we know that this is of the Lord and you don't mind the work when you know its all for His Kingdom.

OK that's it for today. Bailee starts dance tomorrow I will have a post on that I'm sure.

2 comments:

Misty Burns said...

that is awesome. it will be a lot of work...but i think this will be a great experience for you and your family. congrats!!!

RichFam said...

We will pray for the Lord's continued guidance as both churches seek to follow His will during this merge.

Glad to hear you and David are taking such an active role. I know it will be tiring at times, but try to persevere. :o)