Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Saddness

I have to get this off my chest. I received a phone call from my boss that a little girl in my class her mother passed away unexpectedly last night. I just had a major reality check that we never know when it is our last day. I'm so heart broken and at a loss for words for how this feels. I have so many conflicting thoughts going through my mind that im not even sure how to process those thoughts. Her mom had a real bad ear ache and they gave her medicine and then she went into a coma and then died. I was then told that she actually had bacterial meningitis. Because it was contained in her ear it was not contagious as normal. The health department and the CDC said that we would not be at risk. Their 2 girls tested negative as well for bacterial meningitis. It's so hard to understand in times like this why these things happen and I know we are not to question God and I know He will work all things for the good. It is still so hard to not wonder why these 2 little girls no longer have their mommy here. The girls do not understand that their mommy is gone and I know that they will not understand until they are sick, or scared, or sad. That void will be there no matter how much love their daddy shows them. It has just really made me think that I must cherish every minute with my family and make every minute count because we never know when it will be our last. You know you have heard sermon's on this before but it never really hits home until something like this. It's just one of those things where you want to say this just really STINKS!!!! So please remember the Mooney Family as they mourn, and deal with a whole new way of life.

2 comments:

RichFam said...

I am so sorry to hear of this tragedy.

I know our first reaction always seems to want to put a human mind, with human understanding on God, not fully understanding the reasons why He allows certain things to happen... especially when they seem so unfair.

I guess, in a time like this, it reminds us that our lives are not our own. We belong fully to God, and He can claim us at any time.

Even so, it is so terribly hard to lose someone in this way. We will be praying that those precious children will find peace in the midst of tragedy, and that the husband will find comfort during this terrible time of tragic loss.

The growing Adkinson family said...

Thank you so much for those words.

The little girl in my class they said she just sat in a corner yesterday for like 3 hours and played with a little ball of playdough.

It just breaks my heart, I just can not wait to give her a big hug.