Friday, January 9, 2009

Playdate....


This week has been hard trying to adjust back in to all the things we do in a weeks time. MOnday was back to the music at 9:30 and Dance at 6:00, school on tuesday and wednesday I was just going to veg and clean on the house but then Bryson's friend emily wanted us to go to story time and the indoor playground at Cornerstone in madison so I said ok the kids will enjoy that. Now at this time I had no idea that the wind felt about like 2 degrees it looked so nice outside and sunny but boy it tricked me, but anyways off we went and had a good time.

Now this playground is great there wasa little area that bella could play at and most of the kids that were there were not any older than Bailee so it was nice because there wasnt a massive amout of older kids running them down. Now for my son he is so funny about these things to crawl thru. For him to be a boy he is sure not one to try new things. He did not want to go to the top to slide down. Even with the help of Bailee and his friend Emily he was just not going to go to the top. Oh well his loss. So we were sitting there thinking how on earth are we going to get these kids out of here when of course it occurred to us a great way to get them to leave without having this massive screaming I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE!! was hey lets take them to McDonald's an all time favorite with my kids. Now let me tell you this my kids have been bugging me since Sunday to go to McDonald's because our nursery worker told them McDonald's was giving away 2 happy meal toys (like one is not enough) and I have been trying to tell Bailee now it was probably just the one that they had gone to doing that so I was very happy to be able to PROVE A POINT!! Well that all ended very quickly...while I was gone to get our lunch while Emily's mom sat with all the kids there was this sweet little old man that worked there and he just felt that he should give BAILEE a shrek baby doll. So I come with lunch and tell them when they are done eating they may have their toy. SO I give them there toys and of course Bailee's is another Shrek baby and then of course my loving daughter says see mom I TOLD YOU THEY WERE GIVING 2 AWAY!! UGH that sweet old man I really proved a point here!! All me and Valerie could do was laugh because I had to try and get it thru that McDonald's was not giving away 2 so that my kids did not want to eat there everyday for the rest of this month. I was just sure my plan was going to work. Well as you see it failed miserably. :) Now the number of Happy Meal toys continue to grow in my house, and NO I am not going to McDonald's today :) Hope you all have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Misty Burns said...

i love the pics. too funny about the mcdonalds thing..i love sweet old people.:)! i am definately (unless God has something else in mind) coming up to tn in the summer. i should not have numerous family get togethers so we will HAVE to get together then.:) of course it is mardi gras season..so you could come visit me...i can take yall to a parade. :)

The growing Adkinson family said...

Oh I hope we can get together in the summer maybe u can come over and swim again. Im not so sure my hubby would want me coming to Mardi Gras with 3 kids. LOL :) I would love to just take a break and head out of town, I so want to go to Gatlinburg I dont know why it takes so much money to go there and with all the med bills rolling in from Bryson's lovely vacation at Vanderbilt im gonna be broke for a while. :)

Misty Burns said...

all you need to visit me is gas money....i will cook for you!! oh and tell david we only go to family friendly parades...the ones around our town..NOT the ones in new orleans (which are fun by the way...just hard for little kids)..i do understand about the dr. bills. but think about it...you could get away for a few days...free!! and yes.we can totally get together over the summer and swim. i would love to make a day of it..! but you should seriously give it some thought!:)
come take a road trip!:) haha

kirsten said...

i'm so glad you are able to get out and about and enjoy bryson being healthy! (even if it is McDonald's)